Apollo Parkways Primary School provides for all children from Prep - Grade 6 to undertake a range of experiences and activities beyond the classroom as a part of the school’s camping program.
The program involves the following set of experiences that are graded to support children’s increasing independence:
- Prep- breakfast at school with Santa
- Grade 1 – activities after school, followed by a team level picnic on the oval
- Grade 2 – an extended excursion that incorporates dinner, returning to school at around 7.00pm.
- Grade 3 – a three day camp to Camp Curumbene (Echuca). On-site activities and visits to local tourist attractions make for a very busy first time camp experience
- Grade 4 camp – a three day camp to Phillip Island. This camp provides a mix of on-site adventure activities together with opportunities to experience the natural wonders of this significant location.
- Grade 5 camp – a five day camp to Hall’s Gap, staying at Camp Norval. During the week the children engage in a wide range of adventure activities in the Grampians that include: bushwalks, abseiling, high ropes course, team building activities and range of other experiences. A bus tour of the Gariwerd (Grampians National Park) and local cultural centre are incorporated into the camp program.
- Grade 6 – a five day camp to Bairnsdale, staying at Camp Coonawarra, immerses children in a complete on-site outdoor education program involving: flying fox, giant swing, high ropes course, kayaking, raft building, orienteering and horse riding.
All school camps are fully accredited with the Department of Education and Training.